Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Half double steps

This right here is an awesome table my sister made in her props practicum class.


she went to school for theater design, and now that she's living the ex-pat life in Italy, her table has been adopted by the family, (as well as her espresso machine! ironically enough)

Well, as awesomely crafted as it is, I thought it looked a little lonely. So I decided I should pull out the thread and make a doily. This doily in fact:



which I got from free-crochet.com. I really like the pineapple look for a doily, and I decided to do it in red to match the curtains in my living room.

This is how far I've gotten:
I got to about round 10, when I realized, I messed up

I somehow ended up with too few bunches to make the pyramid things connecting the pineapples. I'm not quite sure how I did it, but the thing is, do I now pull all of what I had done past the boo-boo out and start from there or should I just improvise? Or start on a whole new one altogether!


I'm torn, and so is my doily if I don't figure out which method is better.

In other news, I've finished some of the accessories for the characters from the previous post. Will post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment