Thursday, May 27, 2010

Warm weather wear

Around my neck of the woods we're experiencing some record breaking heat, about 90 degrees F. Combine that with the fact that Renaissance Faire season is approaching and you have my first crack at a snood!


I actually just modified the market bag pattern and used size 10 cotton thread. It's all double stitches worked in the round with a space in between.


I like how it turned out for the most part. I feel the cotton thread is a little stiff, it kind of stays in the same shape when I take it off. I would like a more fluid thread for my next one. My guess is a nylon thread would have more weight and would give the desired effect.

I would also like something in more of a diamond pattern like here http://www.everaftercostumes.com/snood_carolyn2.jpg (the pearls are a nice touch too), but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Is that pattern started from the back and increased up or from the front and decreased down?

This snood is fine for now, but I would like an improved one by the time I hit up the next Renn Faire (which will most likely be July or August) so I've got a little time (but not much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment