Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Adventures in Azeroth

For my boyfriend's graduation, I decided to make him a 'gurumi baby murloc. Murlocs are really cute frog people from World of Warcraft. Until they kill your character that is, then they just become really annoying haha.


Here are some action shots!




I couldn't quite figure out how to do a gradient effect for the spikey finny things on his back so I just used three colors.



For the eye I just crocheted and embroidered the iris with black yarn.


For his cute little spots I used some Martha Stewart Everyday gem stickers and for his tooth I used white craft fleece.

And here he is in all his cuteness!






I might just invest in doll joints since that's really my favorite way to attach limbs on my gurumis. It makes them fun to play with and somewhat pose-able. For the time being, i've been stringing some yarn to joint, but for really heavy play I get the feeling that wouldn't hold as well. I also think i'm going to try incorporate different mediums other than yarn in my gurumis. I really like how they look and they can really accent some of the dolls features.

All in all i'm really happy with how it came out, and my boyfriend even said he could see an improvement in my technique.

I'm hoping to improve some more!


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, hopefully you have a pattern! I know a few ppl that would like to see this guy under the Christmas tree lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls tell me you have a pattern! I've been looking all over for a pattern and he's too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. pattern ? :D! I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola soy nueva x aqui estaba buscando este amigurumi que me lo pidio mi hijo, como hago para poder tener el paso a paso ya que soy de URUGUAY espero que me puedan ayudar, saludos y muchas gracias

    ReplyDelete